Saturday, July 2, 2011

Kiss the Cook





My Sister~in~Law gave me a beautiful cookbook for my birthday last year, "Portland's Palate".
I made the "Apples with Rum Sauce" the other night.
I don't even want to think about the fat and calories in it. If I'm saying that you know that it was fabulous!!


Apples With Rum Sauce




Sauce:
6 egg yolks
1 C. whipping cream
1 C. milk
1/2 C. granulated sugar
3 TBS. dark rum
2 tsp. vanilla extract


Apples:
3 TBS.  butter
8 Golden Delicious apples, peeled and sliced
3/4 C. raisins
1/3 C. granulated sugar
1 tsp. lemon rind
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg


Sauce:
In the top of double boilerover simmering water, combine egg yolk , cream, milk and sugar. Cook, stirring frequently, until sauce thickens and coats spoon. About 30 minutes. Remove from heat, stir in rum and vanilla. Chill.




Apples:
In a saute' pan over medium heat, melt butter. Add remaining ingredients except nutmeg and saute' over medium heat until apples are soft but not falling apart, about 10 minutes. Add nutmeg. Transfer to a bowl or individual dishes and serve warmed apples with chilled sauce.






My "Sous Chef" got all the lovin'
Thanks again "T" for the gift....it just keeps on giving ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment