Monday, July 18, 2011

Forgiveness

To forgive is to set a prisoner free and discover that the prisoner was you.
Lewis B. Smedes

Ephesians 4:32
And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

~So after careful self-examination on this friendship thing,(my previous post) I realized that I'm the one at fault.  Here's what I want to do about it... I am going to forgive myself and also those that I have been hurt by.   Life is short right?  Wouldn't we all have so much more fun and be more fulfilled if we could let go of pride, give a little more benefit and just enjoy people being who they are and allow ourselves to be who we were created to be & are? I'm just asking for grace.
 Of course that is not permission to act however we want, after all, we need to take personal responsibility in relationships. We all need to own up for our behaviour and be respectful of one another. Don't ya think? 
Do you have thoughts on this? Please feel free to leave a comment ;)

1 comment: