Wednesday, July 27, 2011

4 Days Left of Christmas in July!

SO.... Did you know that you can freeze unfrosted cookies for 6-12 months if you store them in an airtight container? Here's a tip...wrap your completely cooled cookies in plastic wrap then put them in a ziplock.   Frosted cookies will freeze up to 3 months, put a date on your calendar for September and invite your fellow "Wannabe ready for Christmas Zealots" over and add to your collection in the freezer.
I thought I would share a favorite cookie recipe that my daughters & I love to do together. Easy peasy.
Tastes better frozen so you better hide 'em behind that scary looking freezer burned stuff ;)
"Like Girl Scout Cookies"
Unsalted Ritz Crackers
Chocolate Almond Bark
1/2 tsp. Peppermint Extract
Crushed Peppermint

Melt the chocolate in a double boiler, stir in extract then dip the crackers one at a time till coated.
Lay on waxed paper and sprinkle with crushed peppermint
Let them dry completely before freezing.

note: I've used salted Ritz crackers before and they're tasty too.


I'm making these tonight!!

No comments:

Post a Comment