Thursday, July 14, 2016

Ball Canning Jars

I have a thing for the blue "Ball" canning jars.  Not the new ones that are pretty too.  The oldies...


I don't can with them, I use them for different decorative needs.  
More often than not there is a fresh flower arrangement going on in at least one.
I have even used them for drinking glasses for outdoors too.

When I first started to collect them, it pained me to spend anywhere from $12-16 dollars, for ONE!
Now that my collection has grown to 9 plus, I see them and think..." $15? that's not bad" !

The lids will vary. Some are the old zinc type and some are the glass.  Glass is my favorite but of course, I've broken a few.

Recently I ran across a pin on Pinterest that showed the values of these little darlings.





I'm guessing this one is 1900-1923





Recently I ran across a pin on Pinterest that showed the values of these little darlings. Thank you Karen M. Vincent from "Minnetrista" on Pinterest.





I'm not sure of the value difference between the zinc & glass lids.






Hope you enjoy these little pretties and appreciate the fun ideas you can do with them!








Thanks for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment