Saturday, February 18, 2012

Grandkid Valentine Gift (Pinterest Attempt)


I spent much of my afternoon on Valentine's Day "trying" to make these fun edible aquariums for my g`kids.  "Pinterest" was my inspiration but I didn't have the time or patience to do the exact directions so I modified. They're not quite as perfect but they still turned out kinda cute. The kids enjoyed them so, mission accomplished.
If you would like to make these yourself, here's what I did:


I used 3 Oreo Cookies for the bottom or bubble gum balls for the ones that can chew gum ;)
Blue Jello
Gummy Fish


Crush the Oreos on the bottom of the jar
Make jello in bowl then let set up in another jar ( not the one with the Oreos) in refrigerator till almost completely firm. 
Pour the "almost set", not sure what else to call it :), into the jar with the Oreos.  Press fish with fingers down into jello (eeew) put lid on the jar and re-refrigerate. All done.
If you find another way to do this or have tips to make this easier, PLEASE leave a comment. I would love to hear about it!
Thanks for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment