Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Do I "Smell Fall" ?

When you want it to rain you wash your car right?
Well, I thought that after numerous days of 112 degrees... I would bake something "pumkin~ish" to help usher in a little bit of fall.
The forecast is still HOT but next week is hopeful!
So, come on... Let's get cookin'!
Bake & share some of your favorite fall recipes and see what happens ;)
Here's my pumpkin bread/muffin recipe:

Pumpkin Bread

1 C. dark brown sugar
1/2 C. granulated sugar
1 C. canned pumpkin
1/2 C. vegetable oil
2 eggs
2 C. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. ground ginger
1/4  C. water
1 C. Craisins
Beat sugars eggs and oil together then mix dry ingredients in . Add water and Craisins and mix until well blended. Pour into greased cupcake tin.

Bake in 350 degree oven about 18 minutes or until knife comes out clean. Cool
Frost with following:

Cream Cheese Frosting

1 8oz. pkg cream cheese
1/2 C. butter
1 tsp. vanilla
pinch of salt
1 & 1/2 C. of  powdered sugar or until desired thickness.
 Let me know if you make these & if you like them ;)



Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns. ~George Eliot


No comments:

Post a Comment